Coronavirus Disease 2019
CSTE After Hours / Epi-On-Call
E-cigarette (or Vaping) Product Use-Associated Lung Injury
CSTE Emergency Preparedness and Response
CSTE supports state, tribal, local and territorial (STLT) epidemiologists during public health emergency responses by providing forums for bidirectional communication between federal response agencies and CSTE members, information and resource sharing, and technical assistance on the epidemiological response to facilitate a more effective, coordinated national response.
CSTE’s Concept of Operations (ConOps) Plan provides the CSTE National Office with operational guidance for response to natural disasters, disease outbreaks, environmental catastrophes, and other public health emergencies. The ConOps Plan articulates four levels of activation ranging from monitoring (level 1) to full activation with an Incident Command System (level 4) to support member needs. Because each event is unique, CSTE’s involvement in response activities may vary widely. Often, a request of support from federal partners or needs identified by member states and territories will dictate the level of response required of CSTE. For questions related to CSTE’s role in public health emergency responses, contact email@example.com.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) After Hours/EPI-On-Call
On January 22, 2020, CSTE activated its Concept of Operations (ConOps) Plan for emergency response in response to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak (COVID-19, formerly 2019-nCoV). To date, CSTE has convened numerous conference calls and webinars with CDC, CSTE members, and other national public health non-profit organizations to facilitate federal and STLT coordination on the epidemiological response and has assisted with technical assistance needs, bidirectional communications, and information and resource sharing. CSTE has convened ad-hoc weekly Novel Coronavirus Response All State Epi calls to discuss emerging issues and response-related needs, among other activities. The COVID-19 response is ongoing and the CSTE National Office is currently activated at level 4, the highest level of activation with a full Incident Command Structure. Please direct any COVID-19 response-related inquiries to CSTEcovidfirstname.lastname@example.org or call the after-hours line at (678) –256-3945.
CSTE National Office COVID-19 response activities are outlined below:
- Convene a core group of epidemiologists to provide rapid feedback on CDC data collection tools and guidance documents via ad hoc conference calls and email
- Host weekly COVID-19 All State Epi calls to discuss emerging issues and response-related needs
- Host recurring CDC/APHL/CSTE COVID-19 calls to better coordinate the epidemiological and laboratory response
- Participate in weekly leadership strategy calls with CDC’s State Coordination Task Force, ASTHO, NACCHO, and APHL
- Participate in weekly coordination calls with CDC’s COVID-19 liaison to CDC and APHL
- Host an ad hoc webinar demonstrations on monitoring systems for COVID-19 persons under investigation (PUIs)
- Facilitate rapid bidirectional communications between CDC IMS response and CSTE members by sharing information, resources and guidance documents with a multitude of audiences, including State Epidemiologists, Deputy State Epidemiologists, City and Large Urban Area Epidemiologists (CLUE), CSTE Executive Board, relevant CSTE Points of Contact (such as CSTE’s Infectious Disease and Surveillance and Informatics POCs), and relevant CSTE Subcommittees (such as Influenza and Viral Respiratory Diseases Subcommittee, HAI Subcommittee, Public Health Law Subcommittee, Border/International Health Subcommittee, Surveillance Policy Subcommittee, and the NSSP Community of Practice)
Public Health Professionals:
For COVID-19 inquiries, please contact the CSTE National Office, Monday–Friday, 8:00 am–4:30 pm ET at (770) 458-3811, or call the after-hours line at (678) 256-3945. You may also email the response mailbox at CSTEcovidemail@example.com.
For more information on CSTE’s Preparedness and Response activities, please contact the CSTE National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most Current Public Health Information
For the most up-to-date information on a domestic response to an outbreak or public health emergency, please visit CDC’s website.
Healthcare Related Questions
If you have healthcare–related questions, please contact your local healthcare provider or your local or state health department directly.
If you are a member of the media requesting additional information, please contact CSTE’s Director of Communications, Jeremy Arieh at email@example.com.
For response specific inquiries, please contact the CSTE National Office, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm ET at (770) 458-3811 or call the after-hours line at (678) 256-3945.
For COVID-19 inquiries by public health professionals, please contact CSTEcovidfirstname.lastname@example.org.